Wednesday 30 October 2013

Using Special Materials

Perhaps I am particularly dense where some aspects of gaming are concerned, but there is what I feel is a rather overly complex situation in Family Farm with respect to special materials that are used in crafting, whether in the Workshop, Beauty Shop or Dessert Shop.  In the Recipes found in these buildings, most ingredients or materials can be obtained from the player's farm.  In some specific cases, however, a Recipe will require an ingredient or item that is not found on the farm, nor  found anywhere in the Maeketplace.  The player has an option to 'Ask' Neighbours for the item or material or purchase 1 for 1 RC.  Usually a fair quantity of these special items is needed to complete the Recipe, making purchase impractical.

Here is where the game system is overly complex.  After you request the item or material from Neighbours, you will have the usual option to accept it when you go to your Requests menu.  It will NOT show up, however, in your Crafting building, even if you have accepted scores of this item or material.  You must complete an additional, to me rather pointless step by going to your Gift Box, then choosing the option to 'Use' the item or material.  Although I know this, I find myself going to the Craft building after accepting the requested Item or Material and, seeing that the count remains at zero, becoming frustrated, until I remember that I have to find the Item in my Gift Box!

No comments:

Post a Comment