Saturday 1 February 2014

Comparing Family Farm with FarmVille 2

I have been playing Family Farm on a daily basis for over a year.  I began to play FarmVille and FarmVille 2 almost from the start, but have become rather disenchanted with FarmVille and only recently began to play FarmVille 2 again, mainly because of a Lunar New Year celebration.

I see why I prefer Family Farm.  In FarmVille 2, you cannot make ANY progress without the help of Neighbours.  What this means is that you have to proposition them constantly both on your Wall and through Requests.  Requests do not appear to expire either.  When I returned to FarmVille 2 after months of absence, the requests had accumulated to the point where I was unable to begin the game for about a quarter of an hour while I waded through all the old Requests from my Neighbours.  Very unpleasant and unsatisfactory. 

Quests can be completed but when this occurs, usually another one follows immediately that is connected.  In other words, it does not lead to a significant Reward but simply to another Quest in most cases.  Animals are given as Rewards but feeding them transforms them into Prized Animals, and although the Prized Animals give special products, you usually need a specific number of ordinary Animals in every category for OTHER ongoing Quests.  What this means is that it is a never-ending cycle.  It is hectic and desperate to some extent unless the player wishes to spend a very substantial amount of real cash on the game.   I stopped playing because my Farm became too crowded and the cost of expansions was exorbitant.  Although two expansions have been given free of charge recently, the amount of land is insufficient to meet the demand for new buildings.  Once again, I am becoming exhausted and frustrated with the game.

Family Farm, on the other hand, encourages Neighbours but does not require interactions constantly.  You can send out requests on a daily basis but you can complete most of your own Quests without any intervention from other people.  It allows a more peaceful and less aggressive approach to farming.  Much more civilised in my view.

No comments:

Post a Comment